Thursday, January 8, 2009

34 Weeks

8 weeks to go! This is very quickly becoming a reality to me. Life will soon change... FOREVER. Ready or not, here he comes. He is over 17 inches long these days, and weighing in just over 4 lbs. I've heard from MANY mothers that I am "showing" way more than most first time mamas are at this point. Isn't that nuts- basically, just to give all of you who haven't actually seen me yet, I've been told that I look like I could be due any day. ANY DAY! My favorite comment: "So, did your doctor tell you that you are have an extra large baby or anything like that?" Luckily, I've learned to have a sense of humor about this watermelon in my body. Ben has had his share of chuckles watching his pregnant wife awkwardly adjust into her new size- whether it be trying to squeeze past an area I used to not think twice about walking through, or rolling myself off the couch and waddling to the restroom for my 18th potty break of the afternoon. I am happy to be his temporary source of entertainment, as I will soon be replaced by a much cuter (and smaller!) little boy. Sleeping has become quite a pickle lately, but I have finally learned to just get up and read my "Baby Wise" book at 3 or 4 am instead of tossing and turning in bed as the baby tosses and turns in my belly. I think that's about all the exciting news I've got for you for now. I'll post pictures of the nursery as soon as our CRIB and dresser arrive! We are going with a western/ cowboy theme, and I am so excited to get it set up and ready for him. I'll keep you all posted as it progresses. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I didn't know he was already over 17 inches long! Well..I think you look just precious, and I can't wait for this little guy to enter our world! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG hanna you are showing a lot!!! SO cute!! you are so precious pregnant! i bet you cant wait... getting the nursery ready was my favorite thing!! I cant wait to see pictures! Take care!