Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our little Easter Bunny :)

Happy Easter! He is Risen! Spring is in the air and I am reminded of new beginnings everywhere I look- though I don't need to look far because Hudson is changing more and more each day! This week has not been the easiest, but it certainly has been exciting watching him explore how to coordinate his body limbs. (Pretty much he just flails them around aimlessly, but it's stinkin' cute!) He's cooing like crazy and his smiles are becoming evermore frequent- a huge treat for Mama and Daddy. Although, I do feel like we have to really "earn" his smiles these days, and I'll try anything to make it happen. It's like a circus of entertainment from Mama and Daddy sometimes- any adult would find it quite entertaining to watch us as well! 
A few picture explanations: First of all, Hudson's Easter attire is a BOYS infant gown. Not to be confused with a DRESS.... which is what is father called it all day today. Anytime Hudson cried, you'd hear Ben follow with a comment of "I'd be crying too if I had to wear a dress." But seriously Moms- help me out here- we all know there is a clear difference in infant gowns and little girl dresses. Enough said on that subject. Secondly, we couldn't resist documenting when Lily (named after Easter Lily's, by the way... she turned three years old this Easter!) decided to sneak into Hudson's Easter basket and delicately pull out the one item that caught her eye- the fuzzy dog with bunny ears on top- and proceed to tip toe into the room we were sitting and lay it in our laps. As if to say, "hey guys, I like this toy- you think you could hook me up with one of these?" It was adorable. She has a habit of sneaking into the nursery and presenting us with other "gifts" from Hudson's toy basket. That all being said, we had a wonderful first Easter, and it was enjoyed in great company of The Ratliffs, the Whites, and the McCanes. I have a strange feeling that holiday gatherings are going to get more and more noisy as the years  go by...

No comments: