Thursday, September 11, 2008

Second Visit

Hey everyone . . . this is Ben. So, Hanna has been pretty sleepy lately. Our daily routine usually involves me getting home from class and fixing dinner. We will take a long walk with the dogs after dinner and then come back and turn on a DVD. Hanna usually falls asleep between 8:00 and 8:30. Since I do not get tired that early, I have been catching up on my law school reading and X-Box time. I have also taken a keen interest in meteorology given this hyperactive hurricane season. Besides being extraordinarily tired, Hanna is developing an appetite similar to mine for the first time ever. As you can imagine, I am enjoying this to the fullest extent possible.
We went to the Doctor two weeks ago, this was the first time that I got to attend one of the prenatal appointments. We waited for two hours in the waiting room because the doctor had several deliveries that day. I guess I wasn't surprised, but I learned that the OB/GYN office really does not pride itself on providing reading material for men. Next time I will have to remember to bring a book. The exciting part of the visit was the sonogram. This was the second one that Hanna had taken. We could see our baby moving around, and it even got hiccups while we were looking at it on the screen. The whole process was very exciting for me, and I think that is when the fact that we are really going to have a baby finally sunk in. 
That is all the news I have for now. Look for another update in a couple of weeks because Hanna is supposed to have another doctors appointment. There is a fair chance that we will get to find out what the sex of the baby is at this next appointment. One more thing, did you remember that today was September 11. Can you believe that the twin towers tragedy was 7 years ago? I remember that I found out in the football locker room at Lake Highlands High School. During football season, we had weights in the morning before school. After weights and showers, we all heard the news when Coach Holmes ran in and told all of us while we were half-dressed. Do you remember where you were? This is the father-to-be signing out.

No comments: