Sunday, September 28, 2008

17.5 Weeks

LOOK HOW MUCH I'VE GROWN IN A WEEK! We take the picture every Sunday evening so we can be consistent, and I am even shocked when I compare the pictures from this week and last. How does mommy skin ever go back to normal? Seriously. Not a whole lot of news for everyone... let's see... our little boy is now the size of a LARGE white onion! That's exciting. I wish they could have chosen a more appetizing vegetable or perhaps even a fruit for this week, but I can't think of anything better so we'll just go with it. OH I do have a little something exciting- he KICKED me this week! I've had a few times where I thought he had thrown a few punches, but I'm pretty sure that was... well... not the baby. :) But this week, there have been several days when I am positive about what I'm feeling, and it has been the COOLEST, weirdest most alarming experiences of my life. I can't wait until he's big enough and Ben will be able to actually see his foot or fist moving across my belly. That will freak him out for sure. But for now, I am completely satisfied with a few small kicks and nudges. It's sweet. 
Thanks for the prayers over my root canal. It was not my idea of a "fun" day off work, but it definitely got the job done. I do not recommend it for anybody, but if you have to get one, go to Dr. Greg Smith- he's great and has the sweetest staff ever! 

6 comments:

Merry Happy Days said...

oh my gosh your huge! That is DEFINANTLY not a food baby!

jkfleischer said...

Yeah for the large onion!!! We are so excited to hear through the grapevine about the BOY!! Now the countdown to see if he has red hair!! Mom and I are making bets! We're praying for you! Jennifer and Marc

Anonymous said...

OMG goodness Hanna!!! You are so cute, and your belly i cant believe you are showing that much! Isnt it amazing! I think i almost got tears in my eyes reading all of this, it brough me back to my good ol pregnant days (as much as my body hated it and i THOUGHT i didnt like it) you are making me miss it! CONGRATS on a the little BOY!!!! I wanted a girl so bad and i feel so blessed to have had a boy, they are so sweet! Im so happy for you both, i cant wait to read more! Get some rest.. you will need it! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are almost half way there! You are about to hit the best time from 20 weeks to 30 weeks! Then the exhaustion sets back in, but it is all worth it! Be prepared for hand me downs!!! Do you have any names picked out?
~Shauna~

Lindsey said...

I can't BELIEVE how big you are already!! Are you wearing total maternity clothes?? I'm sure you're even more adorable. I'm so glad you're taking weekly pics.. It's so neat to watch you grow & change. I also can't believe you're almost half way through! Time passes so so fast. I hope you're enjoying every second. Love love love you!

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you cuz'


Your cuz',
Lydia L.