Sunday, October 26, 2008

21 Weeks

Hey hey, hope everyone is doing well! We're in full throttle over here in the Ratliff household. Ben is beginning to think about preparing for his exams.... notice I said "beginning to THINK about". This is just the preliminary stage of stress for him. It gets worse as we near the holidays. So we've got that going for us. :) I'm sure he'll do SUPERIOR as he always does. I've been feeling very pregnant lately, especially after stepping on the scale at my monthly doc. appt. last week. I can honestly say that I've never gained 10 pounds in one month... until now. WOW. I just love stepping on those scales. Really though, it's a great feeling knowing that it's just a sign of a healthy baby boy growing rapidly inside me. By the way, he's now at least 8 inches long, and one of my books compared him to the length of a SQUIRREL! As Ben says, "babe, no wonder your belly is so big! It's like you've got an entire squirrel surrounded by a water balloon in there!" :) Nice point- that does explain so much. The biggest milestone I've noticed this week is the fact that my belly button is SO very close to popping out (to be an "outtie") it could happen any day now. I am curious as to after it "pops"... will it ever go back in?? Any mommies have an answer for that one? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanna, i can not get over how freaking cute your belly is!! you seriously make me miss it! About the belly button popping, mine never popped out, it literaly stretched till it was flat.. but i know lots of mommies that did and they are all fine and normal now.. no worries :) Glad to hear all is well, take care of your little man!!!

Merry Happy Days said...

I love that belly sweet hanna! I don't worry, if your belly button doesn't pop back in on its own I will push it back in for you. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

My belly button has not popped out either, and you know that I am 35 weeks. Mine is just completely flat. Crazy!!!

Shauna